CONTEST RULES & REGULATIONS
Please read the following: Contest Rules, Accident Waiver and Release of Liability Form
Babies who register must be born between March 1, 2019 and August 31, 2020
- Babies will be registered on a first-come, first-serve basis. All registrants must be residents of Saskatchewan. There will be 180 spaces available. Once all spaces are filled, babies who could not be entered in a race will receive an email invite to join us at the event and register on the Waiting List. We are often able to include Waiting List babies. If your baby is placed in a heat, you will receive an email the week of the race, or earlier, to confirm your attendance and your race time. Please monitor your email regularly. It may be directed to your Junk folder.
- Please arrive with your baby 15 minutes before your scheduled registration time (you will be contacted via email the week prior to the Baby Crawl with a confirmed time) otherwise you risk forfeiting your spot to someone on our Waiting List. Please allow yourself time to get parking and into the registration line. The Market Mall Baby Crawl with C95 takes place at the Hub City Display Stage in the Food Court area at Market Mall.
- Parents/Guardians are welcome to coax their child towards the finish line using a prop, such as a favourite teddy bear. One parent/guardian must be at the start line and one parent/guardian must be at the finish line. The parent/guardian at the finish line may move right up to the baby with their prop to coax their baby across the finish line. No other people are allowed at the finish line other than one parent/guardian coaxing the baby. If you or your partner touches the baby once the race starts, the baby will be disqualified. No more and no less than 2 adults on stage per baby and no other children as space is limited. If you do not have a 2nd adult for the race you will not be allowed to participate. It is your responsibility to have 2 adults per baby.
- Babies that stand or begin to walk during the race will also be disqualified.
- Heats will begin at 9:o0 am on Saturday, March 7th, 2020. There will be approximately 6 babies per heat. The winner of each heat will win a prize from Market Mall. The winning babies race again in the semi-finals. There will be 5 semi-final races, with the winner of each taking part in the final race.
- All prizes in the Market Mall Baby Crawl with C95 must be accepted as awarded. There is no cash value on the prizes.
- The judges will base their decisions on what they see during each race. Videos are not used to determine the winner. The judges’ decisions are final.
- We are so excited to share the news with you that BMO will donate a $500 RESP in addition to the $1000 RESP 1st place prize, for a draw for Baby Crawl Registered families only. Your family will receive an entry form at the time of registration Saturday March 7th. The winner of this draw will be announced just prior to the final race. You must be in attendance when the name is drawn. If you are not there another name will be picked.
- Parking: We recommend you park in the 2-level underground parkade and use the elevator to get to the main floor. It is a short easy walk from the elevator to the Food Court. You will find the parkade entrance on the McEOWN side of the mall. The closest entrance to the Food Court is also behind the mall at the BMO entrance.
We trust that all the information you provided on your registration form is correct.
Thank you for your interest in the Market Mall Baby Crawl with C95. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at the number/email address below. Please be sure to quote your Heat #.
Mona Loshack, Marketing, Market Mall
firstname.lastname@example.org Ph: (306) 343-3839
ACCIDENT WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY FORM
I HEREBY ASSUME ALL OF THE RISKS OF PARTICIPATING AND/OR VOLUNTEERING IN THIS ACTIVITY OR EVENT, including by way of example and not limitation, any risks that may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities being released, from dangerous or defective equipment or property owned, maintained, or controlled by them, or because of their possible liability without fault.
I certify that I have sufficiently prepared or trained for participation in the activity or event, and have not been advised to not participate by a qualified medical professional. I certify that there are no health-related reasons or problems which preclude my participation in this activity or event.
I acknowledge that this Accident Waiver and Release of Liability Form will be used by the event holders, sponsors, and organizers of the activity or event in which I may participate, and that it will govern my actions and responsibilities at said activity or event.
In consideration of my application and permitting me to participate in this event, I hereby take action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns as follows:
(A) I WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE from any and all liability, including but not limited to, liability arising from the negligence or fault of the entities or persons released, for my death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, or actions of any kind which may hereafter occur to me including my traveling to and from this event, THE FOLLOWING ENTITIES OR PERSONS: SRF4 Market Mall Inc. and Strathallen Property Management Inc. or their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives, and agents, the activity or event holders, activity or event sponsors, activity or event volunteers;
(B) I INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE the entities or persons mentioned in this paragraph from any and all liabilities or claims made as a result of participation in this activity or event, whether caused by the negligence of release or otherwise.
I acknowledge that SRF4 Market Mall Inc.and Strathallen Property Management Inc. and their directors, officers, volunteers, representatives, and agents are NOT responsible for the errors, omissions, acts, or failures to act of any party or entity conducting a specific event or activity on behalf of the Market Mall.
I acknowledge that this activity or event may involve a test of a person’s physical and mental limits and may carry with it the potential for death, serious injury, and property loss. The risks may include, but are not limited to, those caused by terrain, facilities, temperature, weather, condition of participants, equipment, vehicular traffic, actions of other people including, but not limited to, participants, volunteers, spectators, coaches, event officials, and event monitors, and/or producers of the event, and lack of hydration. These risks are not only inherent to participants, but are also present for volunteers.
I hereby consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident, and/or illness during this activity or event.
I understand that at this event or related activities, I may be photographed. I agree to allow my photo, video, or film likeness to be used for any legitimate purpose by the event holders, producers, sponsors, organizers, and assigns.
The accident waiver and release of liability shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
Submissions will close at Noon Wednesday February 19, 2020. You will receive your baby’s race time the week of the event if not sooner.
One entry per baby.